Effective methods of managing a diverse workforce as a means of enhancing business performance
Purpose of the programme
Diversity management is the key to growth in today’s fiercely competitive global marketplace. In order to survive, a company needs to be able to manage and utilize its diverse workforce effectively. When people think of diversity, they may think first of ethnicity and race, and then gender; however, diversity is much broader than that. The purpose of this programme is to introduce effective methods for successful diversity management and to provide the participants with an understanding of how to unleash the rich and diverse potential of their entire workforce for the benefit of their business.
By the end of the seminar, the participants are expected to:
- Understand the concept of diversity and its importance for organizations.
- Gain an awareness of the extent to which their organizations are currently managing diversity.
- Become aware of the different groups that exist in the workplace and their specific needs, issues and challenges, as well as the different forms of discrimination they may face.
- Enhance their understanding on how to prepare themselves and their staff for the implementation of a diversity management strategy.
- Gain a practical understanding of the steps and process of implementing a diversity management strategy.
- Gain a practical understanding of methods for selection, training, mentoring and provision of equal opportunities for a diverse workforce as part of their organization’s HR strategy.
- Understand the benefits of diversity management for business performance and growth.
Who will benefit from this programme:
HR practitioners, upper management or line managers who are interested in developing and implementing a diversity management strategy in the workplace.
Trainer: Marisa Ieridou, ΒSc (Hons) Psychology, MSc Human Resource Management and Organizational Analysis, Assoc. CIPD
Date: 8 June, 2016 Time: 09:00 – 13:00
Participation Cost: €70 + VAT per participant.
Venue: PowerImage / MISCO Cyprus Training Centre, 37 Constantinos Paleologos Street, Nicosia.
Language: The programme will be delivered in English.
9:00 – 10:45 Welcome – Introductions. Introduction to diversity – What is diversity and why is it an issue for organizations? Managing diversity assessment questionnaire. Discussion on results. Are you making the most out of your diverse workforce? Why be concerned about equality and diversity? Different groups and their challenges.
10:45 – 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 – 13:00 Prerequisites for commencing a diversity management strategy. Game of stereotypes. Designing a diversity management strategy and steps for implementation. Red flags when applying a diversity management strategy. Different approaches for recruitment for equal opportunities, training and mentoring according to different needs and promotion of prejudice-free office relations. The link between diversity management and business performance and growth.
Each participant who will attend the programme successfully will receive a “Certificate of Successful Completion of the Programme” from PowerImage Services Ltd.
This programme is also available for In-House training.
Payment Terms: The investment fees for each participant are to be settled prior to the start of the seminar, by cheque in favour of POWERIMAGE SERVICES LTD, or by bank transfer. By signing the above form you are committed for the full settlement of the fees prior to the date of commencement of the seminar.
Cancellation Policy: Last day for cancelling and return of funds/no invoicing, is three (3) working days prior to the date of commencement of the seminar. In any other case the programme will be invoiced and there will be no return of funds.
PowerImage Services Ltd reserves the right to change the date and the time of a seminar, or cancel it should there be no substantial participation, or for any other unforeseen reason that will attribute to the non practical conduct of it. PowerImage Services Ltd is committed to confidentiality of the personal data information of the participants.